Saturday, January 15, 2011

Updates








Hola mi gente

I know its been a while since Ive posted. Merry Christmas- Happy New Years!!!
I hope that you are well and happy and feeling blessed. I cant believe its 2011. I must say that i did not feel the change as much over here. Holidays are weird. Christmas didnt feel like christmas- it was just like any other day except we had way more food.

It was sad to be without my family. But im proud of myself i did not allow myself to wallow in tears. I know that i had it in me to ball but i only allowed myself a few tears. Me estoy madurando!!! Plus my mom got me a great christmas present... a flight home in March!!!!

Im coming home March 10th people get excited!!!! I know im excited =)

So... I moved out of my host family's house and moved into my own home!!!!
I am so happy to have my own space. Even though i can still hear my dona yelling at everyone from where i am its still great.
Ive only been on my own for a little over a weeek but i feel the change already.
The move took a week- my uncle changed a wooden wall to block and me and my dad painted a couple of rooms.
Paint makes everything better. haha

I have about 5 rooms. My room, family room, dining room, kitchen, and another room to wash the dishes. Hardly any furniture to fill it but its great. Here we sit on plastic chairs until i can save up for a mesedora =)

My project partner took me shopping for my furniture which was really nice of her and her husband. They are really great with me. My project partner is my best friend in my site.

I have a fridge with a freezer! A bed. And a 4 burner stove and tank.
Went shopping for food this weekend and spent all of my money. Now i have 300 pesos left to last me until the end of the month. Hmm... may be a problem seeing as i have to pay for me and my project partner to get to IST at the end of the month.
May have to pull from my US account. =/
Dont worry floks ill be alright.


Anyways i have to run but i will try and write soon. There is still a lot left to tell. Will write soon.

Until then... enjoy the photos!

There are pictures from the christmas show i put on with my jovenes.
Picture of my family. Me riding a burro. And me with two of my good friends out here Estacy and Robin.

Love u!!!! Take care of yourselves!

No comments:

Post a Comment