Wednesday, October 13, 2010

My site

Hello People. Hope you are doing well.
CBT is coming to an end and I have no idea where the time went. It flew by. Training is almost entirely over. Im about to go on my site visit. But I must say that I have learned a lot. Its been going good for me.
2 weeks ago we went to a youths business competition. There were 30 participants all competing to win to start there own negocios. It was very nice to see all these youth so focused on what they wanted. They all spoke very well and were very motivated. I know that I want to be a part of this next year. Hopefully I can get youth from my community into the competition.
During the conference I started a chant for the kids to get them Pumped!!!
It was a SUCCESS!!!
The chant was sung the whole weekend. It was a nice pat on my back =) haha
And guess what more…
We found out our sites that same weekend.
I am going…
30 minutes outside of BANI!!!!! Don’t know what it all means or how it will be but I/we will soon find out.
I will get more details on my project this Monday but as far as I know I will be in a long campo working with a grupo de mujeres on an income generation project.
Anyone know how to make hand fans? Because I think that’s what im going to push for. Thoughts???
Other news.
This past week we went to visit 27 charcos. AMAZING!!!!!!
If you visit the DR you have to do it. Its cheap and beautiful.
You hike and then jump off 27 falls all the while your swimming in breathe taking views.
Yesterday- Alanna, Gabby, and I gave our very first Spanish charla in our community.
35 people showed up. Fue un Gran Exito!
I felt great. We did a great job. The charla was on how to ahorrar dinero. The people participated and everything flowed very well.
Im on way folks.
Today we took the kids in our community to la loma and I led a meditation session with them. It was great. They were very receptive. Told me they could feel love in their hearts and hear the wind blowing in the trees.
Makes my heart =).
Well..
My life is about to change again. Ill be in my new home soon.
And on October 27th I will be an official PCV!!!
I hope you are all happy and perusing what you want. Remember that nothing is outside of your reach.
Live Love. Live True. Live Free.

No comments:

Post a Comment