Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Come on get Happy

Hello world… theres a song ive been singing… Come on get HAPPY!

Im in Fundacion in Altamira and I love it. This campo is more like a pueblo and I really lucked out with my family. They are awesome and my dona is always hanging out. The town comparten mucho con todo. This weekend we all rode in a guagua to Mao to watch our towns softball team play. As soon as we left the car shut down because there was no gas. Can we say adventure?!@ hahaha
The experience was cool. We passed a point where the roads were only filled with dirt and dust was flying everywhere and before I knew it all the Dominican women had shower caps on. All the men and women in the truck were screaming at us Americans, “tu pelo, tu pelo” hahaha I couldn’t help but laugh.
Having good hair here is importante!! Didn’t you know?
After the game we all went out and compartimos unos cervezas con el otro equipo de softball. The domincans don’t say were going to grab a beer before we go home they say, “vamos a compartir antes de regresar” Awesome way of putting it.
This weekend was awesome because my family also took me to the beach in Isabella close to Puerto Plata. Its literally a beach in the mountains. Gorgeous!!! Everyone needs to come visit la R.D. The water felt amazing and we feasted on fish and lobster. I just kept thinking I love my life, I love my life, and thanking God all the while.
Im learning a lot during my Community Based Training. Here is where I learn the bulk of what I will be doing for the next 2 years. I feel like my program is very diverse in the areas I can work in. I can work in anywhere from health to NGO’s. We shall see where I end up.
I have been praying a lot about it. Ill let you know as soon as I know.
Well the days are long here but they go by fast. I have been spending my days in class, working, playing dominos, talking with some of the families in the community, watching novellas with my family, compartiendo, eating, drinking juice, going to Agua Verde (a nice river where were at), oh and DANCING!!! Hahaha
I keep craving pizza and tea tree oil which I know sounds super weird. Haha
Oh but good news im eating salad in Campo and I couldn’t be happier.
Today im going to go by the market to get garbanzo beans so I can make hummus. I miss my mommas cooking! But im happy with the food most of the time. Getting used to it. Eating tons of garlic to keep the blood suckers away haha. I eat garlic here like its my job! Hahaha
Well I hope that this message finds you all in good spirits and that your all …

Living Love…
Living True… and
Living Free.

Keep your eyes open for the truth and you shall see!

Love you all
Talk to you pronto =)


Someone send me BUBBLES!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment