Friday, April 8, 2011

So much time has passed

Hello there…
I guess im a horrible blogger. So much time has passed and I haven’t written.
So much has gone on.
I apologize.
I guess I will have to summarize.

My tia came to visit!
It was awesome. Traveled to Samana and Cabrera (where my grandmother is from)
Both places are beautiful.
Ate the best cheese of my life and saved some people whose boat capsized.
Came to my site where my tia got to live it campo style!
She got used to it after a day or two.
It was nice being able to share my space with her.
But time flew and then she was gone.

I also went home in March.
My sister turned 7! She’s a young girl now and idk how I feel about it.
The trip was GREAT but went by too fast.

Finished writing my estatutos.
In the process now of going to different offices to approve all of our paperwork.
My deadline for Grupo de Mujeres Maria Auxiliadora to be legalized is June.

Good news!!
After over 5 years of not having water in our school ….
We finally installed the plumbing outside!!!
Now the kids have somewhere to wash their hands at.
Big moment for the community. Although im not sure anyone was as excited as me.

Other news-
Looks like well be getting more teachers in our school for the previous year.
Ill keep bugging educacion until im sure there not lying.

More news-
Applied for my latrine grant. Hopefully I hear back from them by May.
Also applied for a Fondo Quisqueya grant to put on a art/music summer camp.
The girls group and I have been making bracelets and coconut ball candy to raise money for a beach field trip on the last day of my camp.
I will get this money.
Both grants.
=) Keeping it positive.

Oooo….
Almost forgot to mention I now have a girls group called Chicas Brillantes.
The group enforces positive self esteem in growing teenage girls.
And I just started and engineers club for boys and girls.
Next week they are going to build bridges. Should be cool.

Oh last thing…
Got scuba certified for open water.
Little intimidated at first but I got through it.
Went 60 ft and saw a shipwreck filled with reef colors you could never imagine but I hope you all get to see one day.
I realized that everything comes back to nature.
Almost everything we create is inspired by our natural world whether we realize it or not.
She is our mother and we have to take care of her.

How am I doing?
Some days good.
Some da
ys ok.
Some days sad.
Right now just trying to keep busy to not think about it.
All I can say is Im sending much love towards home right now and I hope they can all feel it.

No comments:

Post a Comment